The HID FARGO HDP8500 industrial ID card printer and encoder is the superior industrial ID printer for extended-run, high throughput ID personalization and issuance. It’s especially suited for large government ID card programs and laborious service bureau conditions, as well as demanding university and large enterprise environments.
Solid metal cabinetry and precision-engineered interior components ensure a stable printing environment that operates reliably over high-volume, continuous runs. Built for ease-of-use and ideal for even the most challenging environments, standard features include dual-side printing, dual input card hopper with a 400-card input capacity, built-in airflow and filtration system, canopy dust seals, internal temperature sensors, multiple in-line cleaning stations, accessible card path, user-friendly graphical touch screen interface and a FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Color Assist™ spot-color matching.
Compliant with the security requirements of government ID issuers worldwide, the HID FARGO HDP8500 incorporates a multitude of built-in physical and electronic security features including locking input/output card hoppers, lockable printer and laminator housings, AES-256 data encryption, printer password protection and a security resin erase feature that renders used ribbons unreadable.
Available options include dual card lamination (simultaneous), dual output module (400 cards), card flattener, Andon production status light, WiFi® accessory and encoding modules for magnetic, contact and contactless smart cards.
For high duty-cycle performance, the HID FARGO HDP8500 Industrial ID Card Printer and Encoder delivers:
- System reliability over continuous runs
- High-volume card throughput for maximum yields per shift
- Operational convenience to optimize uptime
- Issuance security that meets industry standards
HID FARGO HDP8500 Industrial & Government ID Card Printer and Encoder Applications:
- Government-to-Citizen IDs:
- Driver Licenses
- National IDs
- Border Crossing Cards
- Voter Registration
- Service Bureau ID production
- University Student ID/Payment Cards
- Print Method: HDP dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Print Platform: Standard, dual-sided printing
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm)
- Colors: Up to 16.7 million/256 shades per pixel
- Print Speed (batch mode): Up to 1200 cards per shift/24 seconds per card (YMC with transfer)
- Accepted Card Sizes: CR-80
- Warranty: 3 years (printer)*; Lifetime (printhead)*
- Dual Input Card Hoppers: (2) 200-card hoppers; Total capacity 400 cards
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: (1) 200-card hopper
- Field-upgradeable Options:
- Card Lamination Module – dual-sided (simultaneous)
- Magnetic stripe encoding
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless)
- Custom secure holographic HDP Film and overlaminate
- Secure proprietary consumables system
- Andon production status light
- iCLASS® programming platform kit
- ISO Card Flattener
*Three-year warranty available on printers and lifetime warranty available on printheads with completion of online printer registration. (Two-year warranty standard on both printer and printheads without online printer registration.